No visit to Waterford is complete if you haven’t been to Jack Meades. Standing on 5 acres, it’s been in the present family since 1857 and has been developed over the years to a fine standard with a beer garden and facilities which are totally unique.
Jack Meades isn’t just a bar serving food & drink – it’s an extensive complex with various facets. The old world bar dates back to c1705, the lime kilns and ice house were built c1860, the grounds have been tastefully developed and are home to ducks, ponies, donkeys & goats. The large new bar was built in 2005 and boasts an extensive beer garden with children’s play area
One of the Top 10 Pub Garden in the British Isles
Jack Meades “Pub Garden” was named by The Sunday Times Travel Guide as one of 10 Great Pub Gardens in the British Isles and the only one in Ireland to be recommended. It plays host to ducks on the stream, and to the goats, ponies and donkeys who live happily together.
- Extensive food menu served all year round
- Large Bar and Beer Garden with heated area
- Secure Children’s Playground (entrance from beer garden only)
- Older children – can explore the the 5 acre garden
- All ages can avail of the scenic walkway
- Ample Parking
- Rest Rooms containing baby changing facilities
- Wheelchair access